A 12 month programme of exciting activities is being planned for the launch of Plymouth Sound's National Marine Park. The highlights include:
- The official launch of the activity programme with the National Marine Park Open Weekend – an exclusive free event for Plymouth residents at the National Marine Aquarium taking place 1 to 3 April
- ‘Sea in the Park’ – bringing the wonders of the NMP to a green space near you
- ‘Give it a Go’ – get on, in, under and next to the Sound through a programme to give Plymouth people the opportunity to try out what the NMP can offer for free
- Want to get more involved - a pilot programme of National Marine Park Rangers, volunteers and environmental ambassadors will be running throughout the year
- Designing a ‘digital park in the sea’ – innovation labs will run to generate and test idea that could virtually uncover the treasures under the waves.
The 12-month programme has been designed to not only enable people to have fun and explore but also for residents to be able to have their say and shape the NMP, which is being made possible thanks to £9.5 million funding from The National Lottery Heritage Fund.