With its picturesque Victorian and Regency buildings and the iconic Jurassic Coast, a visit to Sidmouth is a real treat – here are our top tips to help you truly experience the delight of Sidmouth.
- Visit the Esplanade and if it’s a nice day, while away the hours on one of the striped deckchairs.
- Explore the Jurassic Coast, either at the museum or by following the signposted paths.
- Do a spot of shopping in the high street – with its own department store and plenty of independent and high street shops, you can find everything you need right here.
- Have a cream tea or two with a view!
You’re never short of choices when it comes to menus offering cream teas – it is a Devonshire delicacy, so you can’t not have one. There are even gluten free and vegan versions, so everyone can get involved.
- Follow the Blue Plaque Trail
This is the best way to find out more about Sidmouth’s history. You’ll find fun facts about the town’s buildings and even its royal connections! Can you find all the plaques?
Of course, these are just a few of the things you can do when in Sidmouth. Whatever the weather, there’s plenty to see and do, find more fun things to during your trip here. You’ll also need somewhere to stay, you can find a whole host of accommodation options to suit every taste and budget here.