Visit South Devon is looking for 4 new Board Members to join their Board of Directors. We are on the look out for anyone who has a passion for tourism and the visitor economy in South Devon and would be available to help support Visit South Devon grow and expand for the future.
Visit South Devon is the Official Destination Marketing Organisation for the region. We provide the no 1. resource for both visitors and media on places to visit, events, accommodation, attractions, places to eat & more.
We are a not for profit Community Interest Company (CIC) working to promote the region to National and International markets for the benefit of local businesses and the tourism economy. Visit South Devon is responsible for promoting the below region which spans from Seaton along to Plymouth and up to Tiverton and most of Dartmoor.
- Has the capacity to regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings. (4 -6 meetings a year)
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in supporting the vision and company objectives for Visit South Devon.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about industry matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Is an ambassador for Visit South Devon and will represent the interests of the organisation at external meetings and events.
- Shares best practices with the Management team and Board of Directors to help the organisation develop.
- Plays an active role in the future development and vision of the organisation to ensure stability and growth of the organisation.
- Has a passion and a desire to support local tourism businesses in the South Devon area
Please send in a CV and Covering Letter explaining what you could bring to Visit South Devon, your skill set and what support and help you can offer our organisation to grow and develop.
All applications to be in by 1st July and address to Stuart Longrigg – Chair of Visit South Devon
Please send all applications to Jo Butler - General Manager of Visit South Devon, FAO of Stuart Longrigg firstname.lastname@example.org
The application will then be reviewed by a Working Group made up of existing Board members. You will be invited for a brief chat with the working group and then recommendations for applicants will be taken to the next Board Meeting.