Visit Devon’s Director Sally Everton has been busy continuing to drive promotion of Devon as a county and keeping the tourism industry up to date with everything that is happening nationally.
In February, Sally has been working on the following:
- Usual day to day admin with incoming emails and enquiries from members, industry partners and media
- Attendance of recovery group attendance - SWTPG; ECRG, HEROG etc
- Media interviews with R Devon, Spotlight, ITV Westcountry and Classic FM
- Attend VB/VE DMO review - question VE re 'Escape the Everyday' funding pot on if any point on applying if focussing on cities.
- Write and complete bid application for Escape the Everyday. Collated content from the ATP's leading with Plymouth and Exeter and wrote itinearies with all bookable content. Completed and submitted document within a week. (Documents shared with the board at time of submission)
- Ongoing meetings with EDDC re their Tourism Strategy going forward- further meeting to follow on best practice on how to work cohesively * possible microsite and other ideas
- Ignyte and I had meeting with Destination Plymouth for partnership working going forward.
- Attend GWR Partner summit in Reading. Match funded campaign 'Hop on Hop off - Explore Devon by train' commences early March. Further funding for new financial year.
- Co-ordinate the ATP Excursion partners for content and also stand build for event on March 19th
- Co-ordinate the Virtual FAM trip with partners and Excursions team. All partners attended and presented. Recorded and sent out to GTO's
- Working group meetings on GSWTP data hub project (with Amanda and Becky) meeting with VB data hub project leader
International (low key)
- Attend UKInbound seminar - on US sector recover. Run by Simon Bradley.
- Complete all ExploreGB content - source appointments. So far up to 24 confirmed appointments
- Working with Visit Britain US teams and Visit Cornwall and Destination Plymouth on combined educational with 15 US tour operators as part of the ExploreGB pre event FAM trips. Co-ordinate itinerary for the Devon leg of 3 days
Business Visits & Events (Meet Devon)
- Attend Meet GB - 2 day event with meeting planners 17 appointments resulting in 2 active enquiries fro Devon, educational taking place in September)
- Working with Meet England with Devon being one of the top 10 destinations being featured in MICEBOOK toi promote domestic incentive and overnight stays to the domestic market