TLH Leisure in Torquay have compiled a list of amazing things to do during your half term stay in the English Riviera. TLH Leisure is a great accommodation option for families looking for affordable, comfortable places to stay. The resort in the heart of Torquay features several hotels, all with their own facilities, including swimming pools, arcades and family friendly entertainment.
For a memorable half term, check out these things to do around Torquay and the English Riviera.
This February half term, delve into adventure on a guided tour of Kents Cavern, a place that was once home to your prehistoric ancestors and extinct animals! Their event over half term is ‘Origins Of Art’: People have been creating art for thousands of years. Way back in the Stone Age people were carving figurines, painting inside caves, making jewellery and even creating music!
- Create a piece of Stone Age art in the cave whilst listening to music played through a flute made from a Vulture wing bone, like one found in Isturiz cave in France.
- Check out the Palaeo Table in the Stone Age Zone and learn how Stone Age people made paint with ochre, how Stone Age people drilled holes in shells and teeth to make jewellery and discover the strange and familiar shapes that Stone Age people carved into stones.
- Create your own piece of art out of clay. Use your clay to make either a tooth for a necklace, fashion it into a piece of pottery that can be decorated or try and make your very own Stone Age inspired sculpture.
- Discover important conservation work being done to record all instances of historic graffiti inside the cave and see pictures of areas off the showcave path where the graffiti can be found. FIND OUT MORE
Discover the great outdoors!
- The great outdoors offers a wide range of activities, From bird watching and guided walks to meeting the animals at Occombe Farm, whatever you enjoy doing, there is something for everyone. If you like history, the Napoleonic Forts to at Berry Head National Nature Reserve, part of the English Riviera’s designated UNESCO Global Geopark, are a must to visit. Lots of activities are organised by Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust and you can discover part of the 630-mile South West Coast Path on foot or by bike.
- Geocaching is a great free outdoor recreational activity, in which ‘Geocachers’ use GPS or an app on their mobile device to hide and seek containers called ‘geocaches’ or ‘caches’ anywhere in the world. And it can be done at any time of year! Simply download the app and start hunting.
Take advantage of TLH's full Entertainment Programme
If you’re staying with us at TLH Leisure Resort, you won’t even have to step outside the door for day and night long entertainment and activities. Our full programme of Entertainment offers everything from crafts to quizzes and every evening you’ll find a choice of live family entertainment to keep all ages happy. Come rain or shine enjoy your February family half term break here in Torquay!
Explore Aztec Leisure at TLH Leisure Resort
Whether you are staying with us or not, our Aztec Leisure facilities are open to the public. Take advantage of a Dip ‘n’ Dine in our Aztec pool and Bistro or you can visit Aztec Games for a wide range of indoor activities.
Call us on 01803 400500 or go to www.tlh.co.uk/special-offers
Perfectly situated in the heart of Torquay, TLH Leisure Resort has everything you could want from a UK break or holiday. Choose from 4 quality, 3 star hotels and self-catering apartments, combined with outstanding on-site leisure facilities, plus year-round nightly entertainment - and all…