Enjoy East Devon responsibly
If you love East Devon as much as we do, be sure to enjoy the region responsibly so it will be here for future generations to visit. Where possible, use reusable cups and bottles instead of single use plastics, recycle where you can and take all your litter with you. Rather than driving, use the region’s public transport and take advantage of the electric car charging points.
Ways that you can help
- Respect the region’s beaches and countryside areas
- Take all your litter with you
- Recycle where you can
- Use reusable items
- Pick up any rubbish your might see while out and about, or join in a beach clean
- Only have BBQs in specially designed areas
- Respect the community by sticking to public rights of way, keep dogs on leads, do not block driveways or access gates and stay off of private land
- Follow signage and guidelines at beaches and other sites
- Respect local wildlife or farm animals by not disturbing nests or allowing dogs or children to both the animals
- Follow the countryside code
- Check tide times and follow advice about rockfalls and water safety
It's easy being green!
You can make your holiday memorable while still lowering your carbon footprint, simply make sure to shop locally, use electric car charging points and public transport where you can and planning your trip around green accredited businesses.