Introducing Changemaker Champions: Leading the way in Sustainable, Inclusive and Accessible Tourism for all
Are you a local business owner in East Devon who is passionate about creating a sustainable future for our community? Do you want to make a positive impact on the environment and the community and lead the way in sustainable travel that benefits your hometown, its residents and visitors? If so, we need you to become a Changemaker Champion and join us in transforming our region into a sustainable haven.
We believe that local businesses hold the key to driving positive change and shaping the future of our community. That's why we have launched the Changemaker Champions programme — an initiative dedicated to recruiting and empowering local businesses, events and community groups who are already at the forefront of implementing sustainable practices, to become role models for others to follow. Changemaker Champions are businesses that can demonstrate a commitment to one or more of our key impact areas: improving our natural environment, reducing their carbon footprint and working towards net zero targets, making their business welcoming, inclusive and accessible to all and giving back to the community through collaborative stewardship. Our aim is to highlight the excellent work that is already being undertaken by many in the region and provide support to promote your sustainable credentials through the Visit Sidmouth platform.
As a Changemaker Champion, you will gain access to training, support and networking along with other environmentally friendly businesses to equip you with the knowledge, skills and resources needed to implement sustainable practices within your business to share with others. Our team of experts will guide you through every step of the journey, helping you identify and implement innovative solutions that reduce your environmental footprint while maximising your business's potential and becoming a role model for others.
By joining the Changemaker Champions program, you will:
- Stand out from the competition: Embracing sustainability sets your business apart, attracting conscious travellers who actively seek out planet-friendly and community-supporting experiences. By leading the way, you'll gain a competitive edge in the tourism industry with sustainable credentials to use in your marketing and storefront.
- Improve your accessibility and how you communicate this, helping to open your business up and be welcoming to all customers, whatever their needs.
- Drive positive change: As a Changemaker Champion, you'll play a pivotal role in creating a greener and more sustainable future for East Devon. By implementing sustainable practices and inspiring others, you'll be part of a collective effort to preserve our natural resources and protect the beauty of our region for generations to come.
- Access a network of like-minded businesses: You'll join a community of local businesses that share your passion for sustainability. Connect with other Changemakers, share ideas, and collaborate on projects that have a positive impact on our community.
- Earn recognition and publicity: Your commitment to sustainability deserves recognition. As a Changemaker Champion, you'll have opportunities to showcase your efforts through various channels, including local tourism websites, social media platforms, local press, and events. This exposure will help raise your business's profile and attract a broader audience of conscious consumers. Together, we can enhance the reputation of East Devon as a leader for sustainable tourism in the South West.
Join us on this exciting journey towards a better future for East Devon. Together, we can make a real difference. If you are interested in becoming a Changemaker Champion, please contact Alie by e-mailing email@example.com.