Some initiatives that you could incorporate into your business to benefit the community:
- Support Local — stock brands from local craftsmen, producers and growers. Partner with local businesses where possible including using local tradesmen.
- Community Benefits — offer residents and the community exclusive discounts, hold events and support local charities to give back.
- Educate — create relationships with local schools and youth communities to enable young people to get involved in festivals and events where possible, whether to showcase art, projects, or exhibitions. Help to create positive work experience and volunteering opportunities for young people and provide career paths.
- Charity First — if you are holding an event, consider offering free pitches for local charities, groups and organisations to showcase community work.
- Mind Matters — prioritise mental health and wellbeing by incorporating mindful practices such as yoga, walks and swims.