"I have never before been gifted with such an abundance of natural beauty"
Steven Spielberg, Director
Welcome to the Itinerary Planner. Use this tool to build your own journey or choose from an exciting range of specially selected tours.
To build your own Itinerary, click to add an item to your Itinerary basket.
The Devon Tourism Partnership agreed in September 2015 to form a new company with the aim of promoting Devon to the domestic and international markets. Visit Devon was formed as a community interest company run by the tourism industry on behalf of the industry on the 24th March 2016. Visit Devon is not in competition with the area tourism partnerships but has been created to complement their work and to raise the profile of Devon as a destination.
The specific aims of the Company are:
· To promote Devon as a tourist and holiday destination in the UK and to overseas markets
· To provide Devon based businesses and organisations with valuable marketing and promotional opportunities
· To provide members with service and business opportunities to assist them to become more profitable and sustainable
· To act as the collective representative for tourism in Devon and to ensure action is taken to create the best environment to allow the communities’ sector prosper
· To provide research, statistics, data and market intelligence and analysis. This will be communicated to businesses and organisations in the community in order to improve their offerings and competitiveness
Since the formation a board of Directors has been recruited from the Tourism Industry and its ancillaries. The Board consists of the following:
Rhys Roberts - Chair - Tiverton Hotel
Simon Fishwick - Company Secretary - Chair of The Devon Association of Tourist Attractions
Robin Barker - Services for Tourism
Tanya Bellingham - Chair of Strategy Committee - University of Plymouth
Alasdair Cameron - Chair of Finance Committee - Exeter Cathedral
Kate Doodson - Chair of Marketing Committee - Cosmic
Sally Everton - Sally Everton Associates
Alex Graeme - Devon Unique Tours
Tim Hassell - Thurlestone Hotel
Liz Hore - Chair of Partnership Committee -Victoria Inn, Salcombe
Andrew Leadbetter - Councillor Devon County Council
Josh McCarty - National Marine Aquarium
Michael Ruiter - Seaton Jurassic
Rick Turner - The Big Sheep
Victoria Hatfield - Chair of Funding Committee - Exeter City Council
Each committee is semi- autonomous and has 4-5 members drawn from the Board plus the authority to second expertise from non-board members.
Funding has initially been provided by Devon County Council, Exeter City Council, the Area Tourism Partnerships and DATA. The aim is for Visit Devon to be fully funded by the tourism industry including the ATP’s and DATA. Opportunities for grant funding will be fully researched and pursued when appropriate.